Nexx let out some sneak previews of their latest crash helmet to hit the market a short while ago and we’re so glad it didn’t
Nexx are still relatively unknown amongst the big fish of the crash helmet manufacturers, but they’re certainly making quite a splash.
They’ve been known for their aggressive styling on the N.D1 and X.WED2 Adventure style crash helmets, and the association with Touratech helmets, too. But I believe the newest crash helmet release will put their name firmly in there amongst the big boys that manufacture modular helmets.
Modular Helmets are a bit like marmite, you either love them or hate them – the lower budget ones tend to be noisy and lack build quality but they do serve a great purpose.
The new Nexx X.Vilitur certainly adopts the aggressive styling that Nexx do so very well and boasts some great features on their spec sheet, too;
- X-MATRIX Shell (multiaxial fiberglass, 3D organic fibers, special
aramid fibers and carbon reinforcement); or Carbon Fiber Shell (Carbon Zero version);
- Shell Sizes: 3 (XXS-S | M-L | XL-XXXL);
- Aerodynamic design, developed to minimize fatigue on long trips,
with the mask closed or open;
- Morfofit –ergonomic fitting of the cheek pads;
- Easy to operate mask button and with involuntarily opening safety mechanism;
- 360º Super Locker with double pivot for maximum mask safety
- Special developed rubber sealing around the mask and the shield
for optimum Acoustic Isolation;
- PC Lexan Shield Clear with Anti-Fog position and central lock;
- X-SWIFT Quick Release visor mechanism;
- Visor with recessed cavity for Pinlock;
- Panoramic Eye Port;
- Integrated Sun Visor with Ergonomic Button Mechanism;
- Micro-Metric buckle stainless steel;
- Night vision – reflectors on the side, front and back of the helmet;
- X.MART DRY Fabrics;
- Soft anti-sweat and anti-allergic fabric inner lining;
- 3D Formed Pad, removable and washable;
- Easy Fit for spectacles Wear;
- Adjustable Chin Wind stopper;
- Aerodynamic Shell and Trim;
- Air Dynamic System – 1 inlet and 2 outlets air-vents;
- Chin ventilation;
- Removable Breath Guard;
- NEXX X.COM 2 Intercom system prepared, with “Plug&Play” easy setup;
- Removable Action Camera support on top and side;
- Double homologation Full Face and Jet (P/J);
Amongst the impressive spec list, the NEXX X.Com system is a great feature for those of you wanting an intercom system to ‘Plug&Play’ straight in to the crash helmet with no issues.
The impressive feature list is topped by the even better looks on the helmet – I see the Carbon version below as being a top seller in 2019 with prices starting from just £369.99 from all good online retailers.
Carbon: 1550 grs +/- 50 grs | Fiber: 1625 grs +/- 50 grs
XXS to XXXL
ECE/22-05, DOT FMVSS 218 and NBR-7471:2001
Image Credits: Nexx Helmets
We’ll try get hold of one of these to do a more hands on test and review of the helmet – for now, we just wanted to shout about the fantastic new look that Nexx have delivered in the modular helmet category.
You can find out more about the Nexx X.Vilitur and the full product range here – Nexx Helmets