There’s a new jacket in town, and its a bit of alright!
Spanish based, LS2, more known for their range of Crash Helmets have released the latest addition to their clothing line. The Bond Textile Jacket – and its clean lines and ‘vintage’ looks give it huge appeal to many a rider.
The Barcelona based company, have now broken out in to the clothing market with a large 2019 catalogue offering of jackets, jeans and more and the Bond Textile Jacket, I feel, is the centre piece of the range.
They’ve released two colour options for the Bond Textile, ‘Smoke’ and ‘Black’ with personal preference being the ‘Smoke’ colour, this is partly due to matching the colour to my crash helmet and bike.
What do the specs look like?
They’ve not scrimped at all with this jacket… whilst its not a direct contender against the more elite jackets in the market such as Rukka, the LS2 Bond has some real features which give it a ‘heavyweight contender’ persona amongst the other jackets available on the market. There’s no lack of pockets and or ventilation and exhaust ports on the jacket to give a good flow of air round the body on those hot days. And the removable winter lining to offer the warmth you require in the winter.
- 300D* 600D Polyester Fabric
- Fixed Mesh Lining
- Fixed Waterproof Membrane
- Removable Winter Lining Cotton
Fit / Features:
- Adjustable Snap Closure At The Collar
- Adjustments On Arm And Waist
- 4 Side Pockets (Zipper Closure)
- 2 Chest Pockets
- 1 Internal Waterproof Cellphone Pocket
- 1 Inner Pocket
- 1 Napoleon Chest Pocket
- Chest Air Vent System With Metal Zipper
- Neck Comfort Pad
- Reflective Details Improve Visibility Of The Rider
- Metal Front Zipper
- YKK Zipper Pants Ready
- Good Air Permeability And Moisture Permeability Durable Wash Fastness
- Removable CE Shoulder
- Elbow Protectors EN1621-1: 2012 Level 1
- Elbow Protector Pocket With Variable System, 2 Protector Positions Are Possible
- Optional Different Back Protector, Such As D3O Black
- Protector, SAS-TEC© Back Protector
- Before Installing The Back Protector Remember To Remove The Eva Foam Back Protector (Non Certified)
Who does it suit?
Whether it’s a BMW GS1200A, or a Triumph Bonneville, the jacket in either colour sits right at home with the ‘look’ you would expect to see.
The RRP for this jacket is £179.99, which again, puts it right in the mix on affordability with other textile jackets and from what we’ve seen so far, it’s worth every penny.
Grab yourself a fantastic looking textile jacket for an even greater price. It’s a perfect all-year-round jacket and I expect to see this heavily featured in the press and online.